Finished Year 1 Unimas Medical School

Assalamualaikum & hello


So, Alhamdulillah, just finished year 1. Actually the passing result for year 1 is not out yet, so it's still not confirmed whether I passed year 1 or not. But put that aside, because I never know when will I ever be committed for this blog. I literally, forget the existence of this blog once in a while because I usually focus on my main blog because I have bigger audience there, but because I don't really feel like talking about boring medical stuff so I had to make a new blog for it. 


In Unimas, we use block system. Here's some information regarding block system.

Duration           : 7 to 8 weeks
Credit hour       : 7 or 8 credit hours
Total mark for  : 100 (there is 5 blocks = 500 marks)
each block

Total mark to    : minimum 250 marks
pass year 1

List of blocks for year 1 :

Block 1 : Foundation
Block 2 : Man in the environment (study microbes for the most part)
Block 3 : Blood and immunology
Block 4 : Musculoskeletal & head and neck 
Block 5 : Endocrine, metabolism and nutrition


Here are my found-able pictures of my year 1


Block 3 - mainly on blood
I learnt how to draw blood, IV infusion yada yada


We use dummy hands first then we tried on each other's hand ahaha


They say, when you donate your blood, you can save three life. Why? Because the blood that you donate will be separated into red blood cells, platelet and plasma. And usually there will be 3 different receiver for each separated blood components.


Just some notes I pasted on my wall


Yeah most of the pictures are from block 3. I didn't know why I don't really take photos in other blocks?


My fellow classmates for year 1 (2016/2017)
I hope we all passed to year 2, I really do...


We got 2 months of break after year 1 which had never happened before to my senior. I'm guessing that Unimas is trying to standardize to semester system. The 2 months should be the time we will be revising our year 1's material once again to prepare for our first professional exam in Year 2. But what am I doing? omg, endless procrastinating. 

I am grateful to Allah for He had granted to pursue my preferred course because not everyone were given the chance to taste of it. Yep, medic is hard, there's no doubt in it. But if they (the doctors right now) can do it, we can as well. 

Looking forward to the next 4 years. (I really hope it is another 4 years. Let's pray for everyone to graduate on time uhuhu)







Comments

Popular Posts