Friday, March 24, 2017

Do you have what it takes to be a doctor?

Assalamualaikum & hello,


          Pretty much now, especially in this week, I read and heard a lot about "doctors are not made, they are chosen". Have you heard about it? I read articles about in facebook. Mostly about being a doctor you must sacrifice a lot of things to ensure your patients get the best treatment care. Sacrifice your sleep, your youth, time with family and the lists go on..


This evening, my PBL facilitator which is my Pathology lecturer told us, even in medical school we tried to make the students cope with their future job. So, there were less holidays in typical medical school settings and sometimes even if you have the holidays, you still required to study & do revisions. Nerdy right? 



So I always have this question popped in my head, especially when I see my peers can answer questions like diarrhea (quotes from the deen), "Am I gonna be a competent doctor?"


Throwback to my foundation years... 
There was one day, where all of the students we required to stay in the hall and we were exposed to the choices of degree courses in my university. Oh god, I can't stop reminiscing this story over and over again. So, at that time, the deen / vice deen (sorry I can't remember who) went on stage to promote about medical course which everyone was kinda wanting to hear about it.


He asked on the stage, "Whoever wanted to pursue in Medic, PLEASE STAND UP!"


You won't believe me if I say, almost everyone stands up (3/4 of the hall). Can you imagine why I stopped wanting to be a doctor for a while during foundation year? Cause the competition is real & fierce. 



So whenever I thought back about the story, I feel motivated because Allah has provide me the chance for me to be a medical student. And now, it's time for me to work hard to be a competent doctor. 


Do you have what it takes to be a doctor?
Yes or no, you gotta work for it!

No comments:

How clinical postings done during COVID19 season

 Assalamualaikum & helloo I feel like the need to write this because one day I will look back and say, hey I once undergo this. So okay,...